Bar4 Open Mic: Tuesday Nights
Musicians and Comedians welcome!
When is Sign Up?
7:30pm drawing and sign up
8pm – Open mic begins
What is the drawing for?
At promptly 7:30pm we will ask everyone in the bar to draw a number. You will be called up in sequential order starting with number 1 and allowed to pick the open spot you would like to perform. We do this to give everyone a fair shot at performing when they’d like to during the evening. If you get #1 in the drawing, you might choose to perform sixteenth. It’s up to you. All performers are limited to 8 minutes. For musicians that is 2 songs totaling less than 8 minutes. If your songs are really short you do not get to play 10 of them. If you’re songs are extra long, keep it to 1 song.
What if I miss the drawing?
After the 7:30pm drawing, you may choose from the remaining open spots on the sign-up list, on a first-come first-serve basis.
What if I’m playing a show at Bar4?
Spots 5, 10, 15, and 20 will be reserved each week for people that are playing at Bar4 in the coming week on a first-come first-serve basis. If you would like one of these spots, please ask the sound person if one is available when your number is called in the drawing. We cannot reserve these spaces ahead of time. It is a courtesy for our community members that would like to promote their upcoming shows.
When do performances start?
Open Mic begins at 8:00pm sharp.
Open Mic Rules prepared with love by Niko
- Don’t be a dick.
- Comedians put a “C” next to your name.
- Don’t heckle the comedians. See rule 1
- Respect the performers. This is a community and a place where you can meet potential friends and bandmates.
- Don’t tune your guitars while others are performing. There is a tuner on stage. We can hear you when you tune in the back. See rule 1
- Patience is a virtue. Niko sets up the stage for every performer. He will take care of you. See rule 1
- Don’t come over every other performer and ask Niko what number we’re on. He’ll let you know two spots before you’re up. See rule 1
- If you can’t stay cross your name off the list.
How do I book a show?
Fill out our handy dandy booking form at http://bar4brooklyn.com/blog/booking